Starting September, the weather in the Philippines can get a little colder than usual and a fall in the temperature and the rainy season can cause some people to experience flu (influenza).
When the body is exposed to cold it is more prone to soreness and the flu makes the body’s resistance weaker.
One of the most distinct symptoms of flu is body aches in which muscles feel sore and painful to move. It can also leave you feeling weak and extremely exhausted. Also, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose and headaches may also be experienced when you have a flu.
Studies show when a person gets the flu, natural chemicals are released in the body to help it fight off infection. Muscle aches and pain are produced by this immune response. While it may not feel like it, body aches are good signs because your body is doing what it is supposed to do to get better.
Here are some treatments for flu:
- Apply heat or take a warm bath. A warm bath or shower can help loosen muscles and relieve body pain. If you have a fever, the water should be kept lukewarm to avoid raising the body temperature.
- Stay hydrated. When you’re having a flu or fever, your body tends to lose a lot more fluids due to excess sweating, and in some cases vomiting or diarrhea. Drinking lots of water restores bodily fluids that helps fight infections.
- Get plenty of rest. Sleep plays a big role in regulating many of the immune functions that are necessary for healing and reducing inflammation in the body. Getting as much sleep and rest as you can gives your body the best chance to fight off infections.
- Use vaporizer or humidifier. Dry air can increase your risk of catching flu-like pathogens or make your symptoms worse. When the air is cold and dry, mucus dries up in your airways, making it more difficult for your body to fend the virus off. Vaporizer or humidifier can help fast track healing by reducing pain and inflammation in your throat and help you sleep better.
- Ease aches with massage. Massage can help you indirectly to recover faster from flu. It reduces the level of cortisol or your stress hormones that weakens your immunity by impairing certain infection-fighting white blood cells.
Massaging with topical liniments like Pau Liniment may improve blood flow and further ease your aches.
Apply Pau Liniment on the affected area or on your stiff and aching muscles to relieve joint pains, stiffness and fatigue and alleviate backaches even sprains and strains.
You may also apply Pau Liniment after you showered and before going to sleep. The soothing scent of Pau Liniment effectively calms the body to a relaxed state of comfort and ease in mobility.
Pau Liniment’s PSICAPMO extract is a potent blend of premium herbs gathered and harvested from deep within the Western and Eastern forests. All its components are well-documented to have pharmacological value with proven efficacy in reducing pain and inflammation by ancient tribes and modern medicine.
Make Pau Liniment your all-day trusted companion to ease your joint problems and movements.