Are you too wary that you’re finding it difficult to sleep? This may be brought about by the anxiety we feel due to the pandemic; and the thought of another upgraded quarantine status heighten this feeling of unease.
Sleep deprivation is getting less sleep than your body needs (verywellhealth.com) and chronic sleep deprivation can develop impaired memory, oversensitivity to physical pain, hallucinations and altered blood pressure, among others.
Among its common symptoms are fatigue, mood changes, difficulty concentrating, memory problems, paranoia, etc. Sleep deprivation makes it hard for the circadian rhythm which coordinates waking and sleeping time, hunger, digestion, body temperature and hormonal functions throughout the day and night.
The following are some tips for better sleep when anxiety strikes.
- Go to bed and wake up at the same time everyday even on weekends.
- Daylight helps set sleep patterns, so try to be outdoors while following minimum healthprotocols for 30 minutes a day.
- Exercise regularly but not close to bedtime.
- Keep naps short for less than an hour and forgo napping after 3PM.
- Avoid caffeine which can take up to eight hours to wear off.
- Avoid alcohol, large meals and a lot of fluid before bedtime.
- Avoid or quit smoking.
- Keep your bedroom cool, dark, and quiet without the distractions of television, computer or any electronic devices.
- Reading, listening to music, or relaxing before bed with a hot bath or deep breathing can help you get to sleep.
- Apply Pau Liniment before going to sleep, better after your nightly shower/bath. The soothing scent of Pau Liniment effectively calms the body to a relaxed state of comfort and ease in mobility. You may also rub Pau Liniment on your stiff and tired muscles after a day’s work to relieve muscle pains, stiffness and fatigue and alleviate backaches, sprains and strains
Pau Liniment’s PSICAPMO extract is a potent blend of premium herbs gathered and harvested from deep within the Western and Eastern forests. All of its components are well-documented to have pharmacological value with proven efficacy in reducing pain and inflammation by ancient tribes and modern medicine.
Make Pau Liniment your all-day trusted companion to address sleep-related problems and anxiety while we still are battling the spread of infections everyday.
Source: Verywellhealth.com / health.harvard.edu