The human MSK or musculoskeletal system is a complex structure made up of bones, muscles, cartilage, tendons, ligaments, joints, and other connective tissue. These give the body its form, support, and stability to facilitate movement.
Research states from age 30, painful disorders of muscles, tendons, and nerves are developing over time from tasks that repeatedly cause stress and injuries to tissues, which could impair the state of health, especially in the elderly.
Among the key risk factors include excessive smoking, alcohol consumption, obesity, lack of exercise, poor rest and recovery, poor nutrition, and inadequate hydration.
Symptoms can be body aches and stiffness, or that muscles felt pulled or overworked. Also, muscles can twitch or burn, and many people also suffer from fatigue and/or sleep disturbances.
These are caused when muscle tissues are damaged from wear and tear of daily activities. Trauma to a specific area from an accident, fall, sprain or blow can cause musculoskeletal pain, and problems can also arise as a result of strain from bad posture, repetitive movements, over-use of a particular muscle, or even standing or sitting still for too long.
Here are some natural ways to relieve MSK pains:
- RICE is an acronym for musculoskeletal pain relief which stands for
R-est, I-ce, C-ompression, and E-levation.
- Exercise through strengthening and stretching. Stretching exercises will keep muscles long and flexible and can help release muscle tension and soreness.
- Therapeutic massage is an ancient means of treating musculoskeletal pain that continues to be popular today. Massage helps relieve pain by pressing and rubbing the muscles and soft tissues of your body. Some forms of massage use long strokes and kneading movements to relax the muscles, while others focus on using pressure to force knotted muscles to let go.
- Relaxation and Meditation. Meditation and other relaxation techniques can reduce stress hormone levels in your body and lower the amount of pain you perceive, and muscle tension.
- Another way to ease MSK pain is through the use of natural topical liniments. Pau Liniment has PSICAPMO extract which is a potent blend of premium herbs for localized, quick and safe relief from mild to moderate pain problems.
Pau Liniment’s PSICAPMO extract seeps deep within the layers of skin to reach target joints, muscles, and connecting tissues. It effectively reduces the underlying swelling for much deeper freedom from pain.
To keep the MSK system healthy, stay active, eat smart, go natural.
References: Research Gate/Imperial College Healthcare/Everyday Health